Staking Setup Guide with GUI (Qt) wallet
1. First, we need to close the PNX (Qt) wallet if it's opened
2. Go to Phantomx database directory.
2.1. On Windows -> Go to %appdata%/phantomx/
2.1.1 You can do so by opening Explorer and typing that into the path field.
2.1.2. Other method to get into phantomx default database folder it's to execute %appdata%/phantomx/ command
- Press the following keys at the same time WINDOWS + R (then a small windows will appears)
- Then copy %appdata%/phantomx/ at click on "Accept"
2.2. On Linux
Go to the following folder:
+ If you have hidden folders you can show them pressing -> CTRL + H
3. Modify the CONFIG file ("phantomx.conf") authorizing the Proof-of-Stake mode (if the file does not existe create it called as "phantomx.conf")
add these lines & save the changes (most important line is staking=1):
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 rpcuser=<user you want> rpcpassword=<your password> staking=1 server=1 listen=1 addnode=188.8.131.52:9340 addnode=184.108.40.206:9341
4. Start the PNX (Qt) wallet again
** NOTE: If you have previously locked your wallet with a passphrase you must unlock it for staking
1. To reach the "Unlock Wallet..." options, go to SETTINGS -> Unlock Wallet...
2. Enter your passphrase to unlock the wallet
For staking only - Unlock the wallet only for staking, if this options is NOT checked you will allow the wallet to make transfer